Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hands on Mouths

And it seems nowadays people have forgotten our past
Where we came from, how we used to gain their unquestioned trust
FUCK THAT! No one ever doubted your contributions
But stop acting like that should justify the arrogance
Problem is, that seems to be exactly what the problem is
Respect, but don't expect us to bow like the praying mantis
Expats influx rate at what should have been in thirty years
Challenging our labour and the culture right over here
Never has the top and bottom been so divided
So we about to stand up as one people united
And be counted because we are not the fucking servants
It's been a landslide win but you still about to be served up

And I'm not religious so what the hell am I praying for
Let's put an end to these political or resource wars
Never have I seen Uncle Sam so aggressive before
Never have I encountered mind games so subtle before
People don't believe they need chains to be slaves anymore
People say I need to stop these crazy thoughts before I fall
But the Gods have sent messages of judgement day
And there was nothing we could do to stop what he had to say
We don't put our hands over our mouths, no we don't
I still be sending messages of truths on my smartphone
..
I breathe it, I live it, I believe in it, that's true hip hop
The message and the passage, non-stop to the tip top

No comments: