Saturday, May 02, 2009

Junction

I'm tired of saying the same shit everytime I rap
Tired of thinkin' thru the shit that I've never had
All these time, in my life, the regrets that I have had
It's absolute craziness, sometimes it burns when I'm mad
See all these time in my life I've lived passively
Institutionalized, homogenized, conformity
Compromisin' with the system, becomin' one of 'em
Only to realise I'm no different than all of 'em
Used to condemn the life they've had; hypocrite
Now I find myself in an awkward situation; I'm sick
Sick of givin' the same old excuses everytime I quit
Showin' no signs of remorse, reluctant to commit
To this common cause we envisioned to make it
But that was yesterday, it's gone so, ah, fuck it
Let's not accept that we all have limits
Let's see how far we can go with talent we emit

I envision ten years on I'll still be the same
Just another person, passerby, no one knows his name
Havin' made a choice between fame and mediocrity
Never had a shot at producing his own CD
Never had a shit clue about what to do with his life
Never had a breakthrough lookin back in his life archive
Another ten years on sinkin' in a mid-life crisis
Envy of all the wealth, fortune and fame that could have been his
But it don't matter I'm not in here for the money
The tangibles in life; it don't matter really
As long as you have the food, water and shelter
But you don't just wanna be another miss or mister
You just want to be remembered as someone unforgettable
Someone incredibly, truly, remarkably inspirational
So many times in my life I've said it's make or break
Now this time's for real.. Or is it all fake?

No comments: