Monday, December 28, 2009

Ordinary..

I wanted to thank God one day for my existence
Givin' me life and strength to live thru' the seasons
But give me reasons, to face all these confrontations
And the consequences that comes with it, lesions
Life lessons, everyone wants to be special
Stand out from the norm, but I wanna be normal
Like another molecule in the hot flask thermal
Sometimes I get angry and temperamental
I flare up 'coz I'm flammable, I rage in my fury
Keep me burnin', alcohol swipes to injury
I scream in pain when it eats into my flesh
Tell me, HOW THE FUCK am I supposed to stop this rash
It starts creepin' up on my arms, on front of my neck
It grabs me by the throat when I get nervous and sweat
But what am I supposed to do huh, live in a air-con cell
Away from the sun and the fun, I'd rather live in hell..
Than to be kept hostage..

[Hook]
There's a cure that heals me..
GOD you're torturin' me..
Fuckin' censurin' me..
Can't I be ordinary?

I'm full of apathy, indifferent to your state of mind
I struggle to live on, but I'm losin' hope in mankind
Schools pledgin' to educate but I find them propagate
Ideology for the people we all love to hate
Nature reserves brushed aside for development
Number one top priority, our entertainment
Homogenizing your world and mine, my culture and yours
Embracin' the carcinogenic burger fleet force
Can't y'all see the fuckin' problem here? It puts me off
We don't see the need to resolve it 'fore the world froths
... incomplete.

No comments: