Wednesday, August 10, 2011

fear and quiver!

Is this excitement, or is this just fear
I am enthralled, but did I just quiver?
The unknown stares straight at me in the eye
'cause I never knew the definition of being fly
So I try, I try and I keep trying harder
For every second it makes me grow weaker
But my soul has never left this magic lantern
Lamp, whatever, but it scorches inside, it burns
I feel trapped, suffocated within the corners
No matter how hard you try you'll never get better
Than this stubborn old piece scrap of metal
It refuses to budge, it is the toughest material
It protects me from the outside, that's right
But I no longer want to be kept safe inside
The crab has to leave its shell someday
Gotta find a better home for him to stay
Gotta find a better date, find a better mate
Find money, cash, food to put on the plate
Some people like to think I'm oh-so fake
But I say fuck 'em, I elate as they gape..

No comments: