Saturday, June 13, 2009

Searchin'..

Summer of two thousand and five, it'll never be the same
For how you changed my life in every single way, it's pain-
Ful now because I lost myself then, and then reclaimed
Myself back, now I'm like a lost soul, searchin' in the pourin' rain
Tryin' to alter things back what you did in every single lane
Tryin' my very best to maintain, trying hard to remain sane
Tryin' all I can to make myself a name, to get myself famed
Tryin' everythin' I have to reconstruct this plane
Tryin' out every single mean, every single pill to relieve the pain
Tryin' on every single jean, every single shirt to look Dane
Tryin' to replace this window pane; inject these veins
Tryin' to figure out if I'm on the right track but the wrong train
Tryin' not to appear disdain, I could use a little champagne
Tryin' to make these images go away, but they'll always remain
Tryin' to convince myself to be nice to these people; entertain
Tryin' to just be me.. But I've had it.. I won't feign...

Never ever.

No comments: