Friday, November 08, 2013

Einbahnstraße

Feel the coldness of the night breeze, I freeze
When I feel the warmth of your body that you release
I think of the morning rays that used to symbolize hope
But I feel squeezed at the pit bottom of the rhizome
How did this happen faster than I could ink
How did they turn their back against us in a blink
I sink, I sank, I sunk, sixty six feet deep
A coast to toast, here's to your warm blooded weeps
The vinyl plays that shit on repeat, looping that shit
Thinking why I ain't moved, you're so pathetic
Don't be sympathetic, just be empathetic
I know you feeling the same lone in your stomach's pit
So take it easy, make it easy for both you and me
And one day the world would be a better place to be

That's the only direction it can take. It's the only one it must take.

No comments: