Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In 10 mins! Too long for this short.

Everytime I step into the same old place with sighs in my face
I can only regret what I did, or said, and go in search of solace
Seeing these pretty faces of the same race staring me in the face,
"It's a crazy race," I tell myself, as I yearned to be in outta space
Feelin' outta place, hopin' I could vanish without a trace
Only to embrace the fact I'm the one out-paced and outta pace
If that's the case I'd wish for a wish for my memory to erase
And replace it with some garbage I could treat as waste
But fuck that, I'm in a couch potato, like a hot potato
Being thrown and passed down the line, and I summon a rhyme
With words sworn one at a time, like stories 'once upon a time'
This ugly blue donned with a platted silver, without it it's a crime
I ate this, you take this, I wake this, you fake this, I hate this!
How much you didn't know words were lethal till you make this
Pissed, angered, teenage angst boils within, till I questioned Him
What made me deflect off his path for me, "I was here by no chance"
As he spoke, reflectin' off my wrath for 'thee, "No one is here by chance"
Some crazy shit makin' me choose things I regret, but it's the little things I get
That makes the whole lot of a difference, if only I was still young..
But no more, as I've lived to outgrown this immaturity that's swallowed my tongue..

No comments: