Friday, July 01, 2011

Maisie Flowers

Dear Maisie
It's been seven years since we last met
Still remember when you encouraged me giving me a pat
When I was struggling with the stress and the pressure
Cracking up under the expectations on my god damn shoulders
I was barely 14 years old, never knew my life goals
Still dreaming away in my classes I had my own troubles to juggle
Girl problems, weight problems, teenage rebellion
Livin' in my own world thinkin' they were very big deals then
But then I had to grow up, I had to stay away
From the past memories that used to haunt me every single day
I missed my childhood, my friends who left me for good
But still fantasized that someday they would come to understood
That it was against my will, never wanted to leave this place
Never knew how many times I've cried for this one small place
Damn the world was so small then, now it's huge and boundless
But you understood how hard it was on an immigrant like us

It was like yesterday I saw you at one of those malls
And you looked pale and frail, thought something was wrong
But something held me back, and I didn't even greet you
Now I can only wish I could have said something sweet to
The one and only teacher I truly admire and respect
Who didn't try ta judge me even though I wasn't perfect
Too many money suckers educators in this industry
Pretending to care when all they care about is their salary
I'd bet you were the last of your kind in your golden time
These days it's hard to find an adult who'd cross the line
Take the leap of faith and courage and do the stuff you did
Showering love on them stupid and immature kids
Used to visit you once in a while in a single calendar year
Until in year 2 I decided it wasn't worth the effort or the tears
And a year later I realized my mistake
When a friend of mine said you were gone and dead..

Seems a lot of people don't remember your name
A child wondering why it always brought me such intense pain
Sorry that I took this long to finally say that I love you
Guess some words just had been kept too long inside too
Who would have known 7 years later I'd still remember you
As the motherly figure I looked up to, I'll remember you
Whenever I'm feeling down and I look at the sky
Try ta imagine your smile in the clouds, then I'd give a sigh
Wishin' I'd hugged you before you left
Because no one could have predicted their very own death
This is a simple verse I've been wanting to share
Even if I'm the only person in the world who'd even care

You meant so much to me and for that I'd say peace in heaven

No comments: