Monday, July 18, 2011

walk the walk

And the world will look upon me like the death monster
When the girls look upon me like I'm the play master
I'm the great thinker, a late sleeper and a date keeper
Possessing the oracle, traits of the late cancer
And when the world blows me away they can thank me for this
Predicament, prophets, integrity and the abyss
The almighty world is at mercy of my fingertips
Make the ants and the bees play to the rules that I keep
They say death and sleep are like cousins, so they don't sleep
But I say fuck deaths and sleeps 'cause the city doesn't sleep
Dancing with the devil till the wee hours of each night
So death must be embedded within broad daylights
See the problem is we submit to death readily
The mind is more vulnerable than you think, irony
Lies between the lines we see in statements, declaration
Yet the subconscious refuses to admit the addiction
What do we see? What do we perceive? What do we believe?
Deliberate faith or the tricks up the magician's sleeve
I can sit here all day and talk gibberish talk
But when it comes to the walk you still have to walk the walk

No comments: