Friday, May 23, 2008

How fast

Wednesday (21/5/08)


Finally the last day of school for term 2. Couldn't have come at a better time. Totally exhausted and drained from all my energy, I seriously needed a long break, and of course, time to catch up on my work.

And it was the soccer final as well. MJ - VJ at Jalan Besar stadium. The pitch seemed a lot smaller than usual (I thought our school's was small enough, turned out it was smaller than our school's, I think) The match started on a real high. The first goal came within the first minute - Mahdi scored after a VJ defence scramble - they had failed to clear an easy ball they should have dealt better and mahdi just slotted it cooly into the corner of the goal. So we thought the game would be an exciting one since VJ would definitely be fighting to claw a goal back. And they eventually did, having hit the post earlier after the mj keeper failed to hold on to a weak long shot. After a lot of long balls from both sides, MJ's sloppy defending allowed this VJ striker to be left unmarked and he just volleyed straight at the keeper. The keeper palmed it - but into the back of the net -.- And that was really just the start of the battle. Mahdi terrorised thru the left flank, dribbling past the defenders again and again - and it was him who provided the cross near the byline for mj striker to head in. Well-worked, and thoroughly deserved lead.

But after the break it got pretty boring - both sides still adopted the long-ball tactic, and they were just muscling around instead of making full use of the ball. So injuries were inevitable - both sides suffered 2 injuries i think. And the mj sub-striker hit the post towards the end of the match. But that didn't have any bearring on the match anyways - mj still won 2-1, reclaiming their title after defeats in the 2006 and 2007 finals.

Soon after the award ceremony, I rushed to find Harng-Yi in the VJ contingent - still has that same face despite all these years. Haha! And he's got braces too! Though he's taking them off soon. Should have taken picture of something. But then again, my hp camera sucks (it's not my camera actually, it's my bro's) Sianz. Still, we managed to talk a bit, though I felt rather guilty for holding him up (think he was supposed to go home with his classmates or something), so after some time I decided to head off to find alab, yongjie and the rest at city hall.

It's always nice meeting up people whom you've not met for a long time and catch up a lil bit on how each other have been doing - really gives a sense of time and great pleasure recalling things from the past - how i used to call wan xin peacock and such. Ha. But harng-yi says he's not 'as arrogant as he used to be', so i really wonder how he's like. ha. But looking at marists in mj (with the exception of kenneth), I dun really think they give a damn of their old classmates anyway. Like my sis had said, I don't really think classmates are that important as I thought they were. Dun get me wrong, I'm not saying they aren't, but most of them aren't, I guess - they'll probably forget about you and get on with life as if they hadn't known you. But of course, it's the exceptions that make a difference. How fast time's catchin up on me. How fast.

No comments: