Sunday, May 04, 2008

The simplest things

Today (saturday) was supposed to be a stressed one for me, but it didn't turn out to be so. I dunno how i got away with all the troubles I had over my undone work and revision. Oh well.

Woke up at 10, i got a shock that I slept for 12 hours. And it was only due to the last min cancellation of soccer that I managed to get the luxury of the long hours of sleep that I've been so desperately deprived of late. My lil bro wanted my to accompany him to buy Mac breakfast, I think it was all the accumulated fatigue that glued me down to my bed. I rejected and stayed in bed playing gameboy, reliving all the childhood memories of pokemon as he went out to get breakfast for us.

What seemed like a good act, was to be followed by a complete day of tantrums.

First, the debate over the mcgrill. I wanted to try coz i've nv had that. Then he wanted it for himself. Lol. So nvm about that
Then he didn't want to do work or at the least abide by any of the rules set by mum.
And more of course. I cant really be bothered about the details. No violence, but all bicker. haha.
Pretty good a reminder wad i was like as a kid. haha.

Anyways, i had unknowling undergone a whole day of 'wasting time' practising guitar, piano [天空!] and doing all sorts of things that I know i shouldn't be doing at this point of time. I guess people need a break from their day to day work sometimes. And if there was anything I needed, this was it.

Went to guitar after my failed attempt to complete the sgc on isis portal before 6.20. Anyways didn't really cover much. All steven covered was 'what i've done' by linkin park and 'first time' by lifehouse, both pretty catchy songs, although not really my type of songs. But nonetheless, nice. Had a little problem mastering the songs coz of the complex chords + tuning down thing (first time) and strumming patterns (what i've done). still working on them though.

Pretty weird I havent seen hong xiang for 3 consecutive weeks now. Wonderin' how he's doing coz he's the only person i talk to in class. Gotta ask for his contacts the next time I see him. Think the workload's catchin up with him recently. I used to be overwhelmed by all the things we had to do in j1 after the honeymoon first three months. Oh well the vicious cycle just repeats in every system I guess.

So I had thought that the movie would start at 8, until confirmation with eugene that it was at 8.30 that I decided to walk home instead of the bus to save money. Pretty broke these days coz I havent collected my allowance and i dun feel like touching my savings. And there's still tuition fees, dental fees, hp fees! oh man. the only commendable thing is at least I've got my hp fees in check. it's declining for sure. [so sorry to pat if u read this, that'll mean i'll have to reduce my global smses =X]

Didn't change after I got home, and only reached tamp at 8.25. waited at the contro station for a while coz i had expected somebody to be there somehow. Then huiping told me she'll be late. So i headed for gv first. And wth! My earpiece spoilt when I walked thru courts via the 3rd floor. The cord entangled with the cupboard knob and then the whole thing came out! It got loose after that.. And only one side had sound! Damn. More $$$ to be spent! Couldn't have come at a worse time. And that means going to tuition tmr without music! that's a torture, really.

[Eugene didn't ask me to go for movie! Think the rest of the ppl outside exco weren't invited for the movie, but rosanne asked huiping i think, who asked around after that] And that caused chaos, i think, coz they had booked the tickets earlier. The tickets (for initially me and zhiling, i dunno why the arrangement, i think it was darren who suggested it) for me and kaiping were in theatre 3 while their were in theatre 1. There's like somekind of ongoing scandal rumours i think. And that's quite surprising considering I've never been suggestive or whatever. sigh.

Anyways kaiping's quite a nice company to watch movie with! haha. quite talkative and discussions were lively during the show eh! albeit softly coz we are considerate viewers who dun want to disturb the others! I think i should have gotten a drink or smth coz my throats were thirsty at the end of the movie. Pretty nice plot, although actions were rather limited, i think. But i felt it was okay, just nice, considering it certainly did give non-ironman-readers, like me, a very clear picture of exactly who iron man was and how he came about. Several humurous parts too. Tonny starks certainly has a way with words, as illustrated with his sweet-talk prowess in the first parts of the show. haha.

DAMN we shouldn't have left the place early. i suggested we go out wait for the rest coz i didn't anticipate more to come in the credits, and thought the rest would have been outside waiting for us, which wasn't the case of course. Sorry kaiping!

After the movie i guess everyone was so tired that the only thing that we all wanted to do was to go home and have a good rest. Everyone dispersed immediately after that, with huiping (bus 27), aiman and i walking to the same bus stop. Wanted to take the mrt since it'll be faster but decided to take bus 21 with aiman instead. Pretty much to chit chat about, and only then did i realise aiman's not a malay, but an indian! but from the way she talks, it's read hard to tell. haha. she's better off being like her mum, like i think i am. ha. and she plays dota too! okay, she's only picking it up now, but still! girls dun really play the com these days, do they? or is it a wrong assumption i'm making? certainly not for my mum and sis, and definitely not when it comes to fighting/ strategy games like dota. pretty cool huh. No wonder arvin.. *coughs*

That was it I guess, after sending her home and getting home myself, it was close to 12. Guess it's the simple things that can be satisfying sometimes. And in that I dun suggest the first sentence in this paragraph is. I'm saying about today in general. ha. if only life was so simple to look at and deal with.

Then i slacked a bit, tried completing my sgc but no avail. no thanks to jake who got me distracted as we rhymed a few bars. wanted to post our convo here but then both of us had closed the convo window as I was about to end and publish this post.

Damn.

Coz i thought those lines were rather reflective of my current ability (they sucked), but after a's i'm gonna work on it.. for sure.

No comments: