Sunday, July 12, 2009

sister.

The first time I saw her, I didn't think much of her honestly
I was into love, so I didn't take anyone seriously
Un-inter-rested in friendships, I took her casually
'Cause none of these people played a part in my life, usually
A friend for a month or a year, but they still don't know me
That's how I viewed most of my friends or that's what they called me
Didn't give a shit what impression I gave them of me
It's hard to swallow I know, like how you drink soured coffee
So when I broke up, I never thought I'd become sociable
Forsaken like the cornerstone, I started to doubt fables
'Cause I figured there were no 'happily ever after'
Afterall, all these while I was livin' in my own corner
And as days slowly turned into months and months turned into a ye-ar (yare)
The sorrow was too much to bear, 'cause I had noone to care
All that people got from me was cold shoulders and a mean stare
I was turnin' into a monster, my mind became temper-flared..

Doubtin' people, but this desire burnin' for someone to trust
Still remained contrast, I was dyin, turnin' me into dust
Time came by and passed, I was hiddin' in my buffer-zoned shell
Prisoner of the heart, locked up in my suffer-zone; cell
I was seepin' thru the creaks of the fiery depths of hell
But she pulled me straight back up before I tripped and almost fell
She caught me by surprise I admit, didn't think she'd fit
As an angel, 'coz angels don't appear wingless and with feet
Wanted to thank her in person, but time prohibited it
After she saved me, she had her ideas, she decided to quit
Life on this barren island, wealthy but was always empty
I respected her choice, though I wanted her with me
I lowered my voice, and requested to at least know her name
And thanked her for makin' my life never the same again
I wanted to hug her tight, and tell her how much I loved her
But I was rooted to my boots... "I love you my sister"

No comments: