Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Lapse.

I guess enough time's just aint passed yet.

I kept thinkin' how I should express myself
To show how much I loved her, but I was like an elf
Dwarfed into her shadows as soon as I saw her
Felt the adrenaline as soon as she draw(s) near
I don't remember lovin' someone so completely
It's hard lovin' someone I hold so close to me
And the last time I did that, she walked out on me
Tryna play smart, but everything's backed out on me
But I swear this time's different; it was platonic
How ironic, I'm serious but I don't mean it
A step behind, wished I was a little quicker
Coz I love you more than my own little sister
I've told you a thousand times she's not my lover
How can I prove it if I keep sayin' "I love her"
Truth is I just wanted to hug her, not kiss her
Tell her 'I love her' to prove how much I'll miss her
She's been taken, but afraid to be mistaken
So I had to reconsider all my options
But I chose to keep my truest feelings unknown
Even if it means becomin' a cornerstone...

No comments: