Monday, August 02, 2010

Asian.. So what.?

Okay this is it, I'm comin' into this game for real
No more 'maybe I will', 'cause I know this time I will
Stick true to the game, showcase my charisma and skill
Amplify my name, MCs on stage ready to be killed
Ready to be filled with rhymes and random punchlines
I been consumin', I'm tryna' make up for lost time
That I been procrastinatin', so here's the bottom line
The dark times are over and I'm here for the sunshine
You probably don't understand me but that's fine wit me
But from now on, take some time out and listen to me
When I be spittin' the truth on a simple sixteen
You be enlightened by what you're about to see
First hand, no gimmicks, just me and my rhymes
Spittin' nonsense over this microphone sometimes
'cause we deserve to have some fun once in a while
Now put your hands up, listen up, and give me a smile

.. ..

Now my identity's probably gonna hold me back
If you gonna talk shit 'bout an Asian, hold it back
In fact, you probably gonna talk 'bout me being stateless
Let's face it, there's millions out there in poverty, homeless
Why you makin' it a big deal the state my country's in
When there's more Mexicans illegally migratin'
FUCK YOU if you ain't know the history behind all these shit
Actin' like you were qualified to POP SHIT..
But you ain't, so know your position and be quiet
And truly, truly hear the words of this Asian poet
Who's mastered this foreign language and he bites back at you
Rememberin' his roots, I'm me and I'll never be you
I'm proud of the fact I'm a hundred percent Asian
Product of the values of Confucian education
That's out of sync. with the American equation
Fuck it, fuck fake rappin' with a fake caucasian accent..

No comments: