Monday, August 09, 2010

Gamblin' away this

Gamblin'.. Money makin'.. False-hopin'..

The first thing I want to make known is this
The power of the money is no stronger than my fist
And the fact that I've repeatedly cracked my wrist
Gives you a clue you proly didn't make my list
Get the gist, bitch, you just itchin' to get rich quicker
When I be laughin' drunk after I swallow this liquor
I'm a master of the mic, spit faster than you fight
The illest when I write, I'm fightin' for the right
To dominate this cordless mic with a few random lines
Tryin' to rock this stage like it was mine
Cleared the mine before you counted to nine
In time, before you see money for the last time
It ain't worth it, son, that life of a bum
You gon' be thankin' me 'fore the mistake is done
You probably gon' hate me for tryin' to lecture you
Tryin' to cure you because I care about you
This lesson is nothin' new, the intellects are few
And yea fewer are those who be direct to you
That's how I feel, try differentiate the fake from real
I suggest you trust me than try to check the seal
Most counterfeits got certificates they make up
Like poisonous lead in your dangerous make up
It's like investments interventions that you take up
But you still ain't listenin' to my words dude, please wake up
For God's sake, fuck, it's just a topic up in my mind
I've been contemplatin' 'bout leavin' the past behind
But it's temptin' me, attemptin' me, urgin' me to grind
I'm a lost guy, truth in religion I'm tryin' to find
I don't know business so I got a few books to read
They say the secrets in these books are for me to heed
Persistence is essence, wit hope I plant this seed
I don't know what it means but I see the roots bleed..

No comments: