Saturday, August 28, 2010

You got the heart?

Yo, it's true I used be a fool back in school
I wasn't rude but I was like a block of wood
Nice to you, whether you cool or uncool
I had no clue who was true or untrue
As a kid I wanted to be a writer
But never did shit; I was just a dreamer
Thought I was smart but I was just immature
Just another chess piece of a chess player
Oh-Four-Oh-Two-Oh-Seven, became smarter
Went on to read things beyond the paper
I guess it's weird I wanna be a rapper
Given how shy I was as a teenager
Always loved the poetry and the music
Now I'm thinkin' about producin' it
I've got my fears, but I gotta face it
One life, one chance, not gonna waste it
Now what do I have, got the rhymes to slay
Emotions to vent, too much words to say
But nothing much else apart from all that
At least I've got the heart and that's a fact

And motherfucker, that's the reason I killed ya back in twenty-0-seven.
You still want the life of a failure? No? Then get your fuckin' ass up and start workin' and stop procrastinatin'. Bitch.

No comments: