Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sand in a Glass

These nights get a little colder and I'm gettin' older
Enthusiasm's drained, with heavier pressure on my shoulders
What happened to the dream of being a teacher
The day I realized how much data were being censored
What happened to the 'happily ever after'
The day you decided to pen your feelings in that letter
Wrecked my heart broke inside out, shot thru' like a clout
Leavin' me dehydrated in the season of the drought
So the truth I found out, puttin' things beyond doubt
Retarded, that I used to think I couldn't live without
A girl in my world, got me thinkin' irrational;
Livin' life like one of 'em movies, fictional
Illogical, unattainable, unsustainable
This love life's pathological, but still correctable
I avoid gettin' myself in that situation again
But here I find myself fallin' into that quicksand again
Exhaustin' my final mental capacity limits
Tryin' to adjust and resettle in this place I fit
So I run and I hit, but I slipped on my trailing feet
Back to square one, sucked in, dyin' to the scorching heat..

No comments: