Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Aftermath Reflection

I was totally stressed out yesterday after the match.. Reached home at about 7.30pm, ate dinner, did a little homework, then fell asleep on the study table! Lol.. Lucky there weren't much homework yesterday.

Yea. Glad that we won 4V won 4R 3 - 1, although the first half was really some horrible display from our team.. We did start to pass a little more in the second half, which led to some positive moves, but really some chemistry would help. I just cannot link well with Guo Hao! Kept mispassing, and I really feel very guilty for most of the possession lost.
Besides, I feel my level of fitness did drop a lot. Ok, I know I did deteriorate a lot ever since my injury, but this really sums up what I have to say about myself. Pace was slow, stamina was weak, ball control totally sucks.. The only positive is that my heading's still here, although I felt I was rather unlucky not to score from the free-header from the perfectly delivered corner by Guo Hao.. Seriously, I do feel that his soccer has improved a lot since the first time he played soccer with us. If he continues to improve, I'm sure our chances of playing further into TMS Cup will be higher. Elimination is something all of us try to make sure we avoid, but I still feel it's inevitable, given the quality that 5A beholds. Nevertheless, still a good game which showed some teamwork..

And also, the last goal was rather comical. I was through on goal, ready to slot the ball in anytime. Yet, I wanted to make sure that the angle was just nice for me, so I pushed the ball forward. The keeper almost got to the ball, but fortunately I made it in time to slide it away from him to slot the ball home. Well, almost home, coz' Kang Yu made the last touch. But who cares who scored the goal anyway? A GOAL IS A GOAL.

*You played very well, Mary Anne! And Kang Yu too! Ran so much.. We would have conceded more than one goal if not for the two of y'all.. Honestly.

Finally, I really feel sorry about what happened to Yu Ren. I didn't have any intent to injure anyone, and I don't think I did anything.. But I just feel so sorry for him.. I hope he gets well soon so that this minor injury doesn't affect him in one way or another.

Overall, I love the feeling of the match, and although I feel fresher after a friendly match, I'm still working on my fitness.. It's now like a race agaisnt time for me.. I need to be at my optimum level when playing.. SOCCER in my viens. I'm gonna give the best shot I've got.

No comments: