Saturday, July 01, 2006

To..

To: ...
Address: Your heart.

Time flies.
3 months. Just like that.
And I regret having known you personally, because I never expected things to happen this way.

And now, 3 months have gone, 3 years since we first met. The picture faints gradually, but permanently imprinted on the back of my mind. Ironic, isn't it?
Because even if I do manage to rub away the picture, the marks encraved will never go away. Never. You told me feelings will go away, but do you ever see the resemblence of that masterpiece to what you have left for me?

From now, you have lost my trust, because of the many promises you have broken, because of the so many lies you have conversed through your messages. I have probably lost your trust too, for what I have said, and for being your main source of pain. But who would have predicted to know, that you never kept your words real? I will accompany you forever, giving you my support whenever you need, whenever you think of me (if you ever do), but you never tell me when you need it. So obviously I don't show them to you. But I want you to know, it does exist.

This friendship is hard to maintain and stabalise. Soon, it shall reach a point where neither of us will ever keep in contact again. I shall not waste any of your messages by starting a conversation, partly because it's hard to ever talk like a friend again, but mainly because you need them for someone else.. Ever since becoming someone else's someone else, you've probably forgotten me.. Although you've let me down for countless times, I still insist on standing by your side.

If we ever keep in touch again in the future, I hope it at least represents that of a friend. I don't ask for more, I just want to see and know what your life's like, and to make sure that you're happy.. The reason for me giving in to you, is in the hope that you'd be happier. With my treasure held in his pair of safe hands, I'll be happier.. But if something happens, I hope, whether happy or sad, I'll be the person you'll confide in. My bank of secrets, specially reserved for you, will be the safest, and the most secure anyone can ever find.

If I should write a letter to inform you I'll be leaving, this is it.
I'll be leaving your heart for good. Unless you want me back, either as a friend or as someone else who's position in your heart has risen, I'll never return. Forgive me as I gain my freedom from guilt.

With my blessings and the best of wishes, stay happy.

Your sincerely,
My heart

No comments: