Tuesday, April 12, 2011

that's (not) it.

and shit gets more and more tiring with every week
my hands are locked up in chains like a repeat convict
neo-colonialism pushin' me to the brinks of breakdown
grey hairs threatenin' with single blinks and fake smiles
clowns moving from town to town, industry meltdown
sounding profound, the saddist inverting their frowns
convinced happiness is within the reach of that hundred pounds
i'm just a fish like the rest of you, i'm just lurkin' around
tryin' to remember who I used to be, what my dream was
but too many distractions try to strike me off course
and of course i wanted to be somebody useful
except i never wanted to be used as a tool
too many jobs offering you low flat wages
but i know i'm worth more than that shitty ass wages
i try to get pass the stages, try to break these cages
this is just one life chapter as i flip thru these pages..

No comments: