Thursday, April 28, 2011

Untravelled terriroties

She started breathing even before I was in the womb
Got to the age I started reading, she was in the tomb
And then there was all this talk about her revivin'
From the underground down, they never stopped believin'
That one day she would resuscitate and come back greater
Meanwhile the media potrayed the, lime-lighters as saviours
The groundbreakers never stayed outside the picture
Meanwhile the angry and the money rappers were head-liners
Grammy's whack rappers, pretending to be dragon slayers
I'll kill you motherfuckers and your gimmicks, what say ya!
Recyling Asian jokes on incoming Asian rappers
Typical Americans and the rest of the world, fuckers!
Meanwhile I was tryin' to understand the term Hip Hop
Designin' rhymes in limited times, I didn't stop
Dreamin' about grippin' the mic in one hand, just rappin'
Spreadin' the love and the art in different directions

[Hook]
Hip Hop.. is alive again! X 4

Twenty ten was the year I thought I've hit the wall
Dream in shatters, I thought I'd never make another song
Doubters were laughin' at our immaturish dreams
It seemed only two other men were standing in my team
This whole fuckin' hip hop dream? It all seemed distant
Who would support local music coming from an Asian?
So, instead, I stopped playing the race card like Shigga Shay
That ain't never gonna work with those weak ass word plays
Fuck what the world has to say, this is what I have to say:
You motherfuckers cannot feel me, you cannot kill me
I'm bringing Hip Hop to untravelled territories
The truth to the light is shinin' brightly for you to see
If you thought Hip Hop was dead, think twice and think again
Her heart is beating and poundin' in the prides of Asians
This is the home to the world's greatest populations
Hip Hop is reborn in this region, you just have to listen!

[Hook]
Hip Hop.. is alive again! X 4

No comments: