Monday, November 14, 2011

i felt the love tonight

I just heard one of the truest love story ever told
Noddin' my head in agreement, then I felt the cold
With tears of gold, she flips thru' historical pages
Of a normal school teen, fast-forwarded marriages
They never got together, and that's a regret
Boy met the girl, but that was 28 years back
Thru' the darkest times, the darkest storms, she cries
Infinite maybes and possibilities, she tries
To stop herself from imagining the impossible
Time already robbed your youth, this is no fairy tale
But think about the seas you've traveled, the skies you soared
The kids you've raised, pride, yes, someone give her an applause
Crumble down the wall, back then it was a tall order
Rewind it back now and you might reconsider
But if you was her, would you merge the tools of convenience
Or entrust on dwelling sentiments, the test of patience

You see the success of the man who used to love you so much
Yet it was you who let go of that golden touch, as such
As much as I empathize with you, it's sad that it's true
He never hated you, still blessed you, he still loves you
Ain't no way you two will ever be together again
There ain't no way you can sing the songs of forever again
But deep inside in that little corner of his heart
The memories you paint is your greatest work of art
28 years later the story is retold
As I sat there listening, your hand tightly I hold
This ain't about the cling, this ain't about the gold
Seems like some things we'll never, ever let them go
If you never said, I'd probably never, ever know
Past tragedies, life's misery that you never, ever showed
Applauding your bravery, I know that I'm lucky
To be sitting right next to you as you finish this story

No comments: