Monday, November 14, 2011

reminiscing about you

I know it was over the moment I penned that letter
It was nothing personal, I only hoped for the better
Why would I destroy something I worked so hard to build
But you never gave a piece about me, and that's how I feel
What I feel, my feelings intersected with aphrodisiacs
So I stepped back, tried to figure this picture, this mosaic
I was fallin' in deep, thinkin' 'bout you even in my sleep
You're the reason I keep havin' paradoxical sleeps

Walkin' down the streets thinkin' what would have been, could have been
The nicest chapters written in our lives, the world would have seen
But clearly you wasn't into it, I feel so stupid
Like an idiot, so I'm breakin' the relationship
I just couldn't handle the emotional torment
My sadness flows like the river of sentiments
While my friends sit across and laugh at the opposite
Tellin' me "I told you so, you just wouldn't hear it"

Retrospectively they were right, about bitches and life
Rewinding the scenes constantly, soon dusk turns into night
I'm wasting precious minutes of my youth reminiscing
Someone I barely knew, but memories they still cling

No comments: