Saturday, November 19, 2011

what struggle?

As I sat at my table thinking of themes to write
I scratched my hair, pullin' those that had turned white
And still, I couldn't think of anything to write
So I sat there wasting my time from day to night
It's a mental fight, how did I end up in this woeful plight
Becoming a thief, stealing rhymes, with styles I bite
Becoming everything but the man who swore to abide
By the principles and rules I preach and cite, it's like
Exhaustion from the path and the waves you ride worldwide
Constantly searching for the grass 'on the other side'
Wished someone was here to be my guide, a bona fide
Teach a man to 'rap homicide', and whet his appetite
But look how he betides, angels circling the devils inside
Feelin' like politicians losing dignity and pride
Like political prisoners who die before being tried
Cast aside the great divide of the blacks and whites
Killin' the innocent like concentrated pesticides
They try to hide, insightful insights like the war brides
And denied to everybody they did it, fucking lies
But it's only time that people with real eyes will realize
Suddenly I feel like I have finally recognized, that
In comparison, my struggles are minute in size
Nobody sees tears when you're standing in the storm huh
Be a man, get up and fight for it, cousins, sisters.. bruh'

No comments: