Friday, October 28, 2011

found rhymes

She was only sixteen when we crossed this path
Ended individual relationships, consumed by this wrath
She was cute, yea, resembled the girl I swore I'd marry
But she was more like a broken-winged angel, and sadly
Walkin' thru this ghost town, a lost soul to repent
I used to ask her how she was every now and then
I loved her smiles, how she used to pretend she was okay
When deep down inside I knew how nothing was okay
She was an ugly duckling turned to the blind eye
But I predicted exactly one day she'd beautify
Turn into the beautiful swan without magic wands
Yet at that moment that moment seemed ever forlorn
They told me to stop wasting my time she ain't worth it
But I didn't want the sex, I just wanted this friendship
Only she could relate this emptiness I hide inside
She just wanted to fit in, clenching that thorn, that pride
Exchanging messages on ice-cream sticks, smile wide!
One of a kind, she harnessed and reversed the tide
Killed the darkness inside my head, inside my chest
Cure for sickness, all that I had, she was the best

We started hanging out whenever we were down
At the same time she drowned out the unhappy sounds
Suggested leaving this town, needed a change of place
And she got her wish first, left this place of rat race
What was I to do? She came from a rich family
There was no way I could have stopped this from comin'
Told me how unbearable it was, I saw it all
From the tears on the face to the fists on the wall
But I knew it was for her own good, life altering
She needed real friends, friends who'd stop her crying
Rich people are everywhere man, but she was real
She appreciated the friend I was, and that's how I feel
Man, I still remember your letters of complaint
How we hated the fact we were no longer saints
How you hated change, I know, I too I felt the same
I felt disdain, I felt the same shame and the pain

This is the city of dearth, no mines to unearth
Takes a lot of nerve for anyone to show their love
And it's been 4years since you left my side
There's so much to lose and only so much I can hide

found these rhymes again

No comments: