Wednesday, October 26, 2011

untitled

Money can't buy you happiness, everybody knows that
But some people have it as their sole motivation to rap
I can't tell you what it really is, but one thing I promise
There's not a single night I sleep without reminisce
There's not a single day I don't think about you
There's not a single pay I collect that is due
There's not a single day I contemplate what's the truth
It's every single day that I articulate, that's the proof
These days I wonder why material welfare is up
At the same time non-material welfare is fucked
Wealth breathers, supposed to make our lives easier
The numbers are up, we're supposed to be happier
Instead whines get louder, we deserve more than this state
You bred greed in the people, now we want a bigger cake
Fourth branch of the government try to confuse you
More immediate suicides but subsequent numbers fell to
Lower than previous years before the Great Depression
People saw life more than just material acquisition
People got thru shit together, now it seems forever
Since the obsession with time, dime, sex and notes
Mentality shifts, callously history is rewrote
To benefit who? We are shown the glamorous youths
With the blings shining in the four-walled booths
We shout beiber! but why and for how long? We know neither

No comments: